Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Am I better than I was yesterday? Yes and No

Yes and no. Am I better than I was in August? In some ways I am. Regarding my senior project, I am much more excited and I see it more closely than i saw it four months ago. This is a reality, it is really happening and I don't believe the wonderful opportunity my Chinquapin School is giving me. I've always wanted to give something back to the school. To have the opportunity to do just that through a sculpture, a form of art and creativeness, is just a nonexistent positive adjective. My research has helped me understand more about the methods of making a sculpture, the different types of sculptures, and different ideas. My Ted presentation has helped me widen my mind and enrich my brain with knowledge about sculptures, plus fill me with creativity. Although I am very excited, I have been doing some procrastination. My procrastination is the result of my perfectionist self. I don't turn in things when I see that it is not fully perfected. I am working very hard to get rid of this habit. I have just recently learned and am still learning what others learned many years ago, nobody and nothing is perfect. By the end of my project, I will learn to be pleased with the work that I have done. But in order for this to happen, I need to work really hard. I already got in contact with some of the people that will help me in my project. Now I am just excited for my project to become tangible.

No comments:

Post a Comment