Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Reflection of the Year

This year has taught me that there is no way getting around deadlines and schedules. I have to say that before we embarked upon the Senior Project I never realized how important it was to learn to manage my time. Initially, I spent so much time trying to figure out what I was going to do. I also did not realistically access how much time the project would really take. I also learned that no matter what you do as Daniel Pink says you have to have some passion or care for what you do. If you are passionate about what you do there is a higher chance that you put more effort and dedicate time to you project.

I would say that I learned the skills of getting actual real world data. So this is when I advice everyone to pick people for your panel of judges who know about the subject of your project. They are essential tools. To tell everyone the truth, I had never really designed a science project of my own. Research for me required earnest dedication. I had to take time outside my busy schedule to read a few extra books and studies about shyness and girls. So, I advice everyone to seriously take time to research. You will have a lot to talk about.

I advice you all to pick something you love and actually care about. Don't do something just because there is nothing else to do. It will be easier for you in the long run. This leads me to my next point you cannot create time and wait until you have time. You have to set aside time. Since you all will pick something that interests you should not have a hard time doing this. At times you will have to a million other things to do that the Senior Project may seem another pointless and consuming class. Do not let it get to you. The way you do this is by actually taking advantage of the help that Ms. Adams provides you with. She will give you a schedule which you can choose to ignore or take advantage of. Also have your own planner. I'm sure you all do.

Lastly, I wish you all good luck. I hope that you enjoy this experience. Have fun with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment