Tuesday, May 10, 2011

It's Coming to an End

After a long year full of both stressful and pleasing moments, my graduation lies only a couple of days ahead of me. I felt like this year was more of experimentation; I didn't know what I was getting into when I chose the DREAM Act topic.

After diving into the research and a having to swim through various types of articles, I realized that this would be more of a learning experience for me, rather than teaching others about what I thought I knew.I learned that politics can get nasty sometimes, and also that how hard it is for someone in office to please everyone and survive re-election. There are positives and negatives to the DREAM Act, but the purpose of it certainly cannot be denied by anyone who knows the importance of an education.

Currently, I'm working on a research paper that deals with the Economics of Immigration. I'll see how this enriches my area of interest. The Facebook page is going well, I am noticing that a couple of people actually read what I post up.

My presentation, which will be May the 19th, is going to be a Powerpoint speech consisting of what I did over the year, what I learned, and possibly a short hypothesis on what would happen to the economy if the DREAM Act was passed. Let's see how this turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment